- Cardiovascular changes including elevated heart rate, decreased cardiac output, orthostatic and autonomic dysfunction, venous stasis and thrombosis.
- Respiratory changes include reduced lung capacity.
- Musculoskeletal problems of reduced strength, endurance, lactose tolerance, risks of contractures and heterotrophic ossification of individuals with CNS or spinal damage.
- Metabolic risks including negative nitrogen or calcium imbalances, carbohydrate intolerance and insulin resistance.
- Urinary stasis, incontinence and stones.
- Gastrointestinal effects include decreased appetite, reduced peristalsis/constipation, malnutrition and hypoprteinemia.
- Integument systems risks of pressure ulcers (hygiene, shear, edema, reduced capillary flow to the compressed area).
- Nervous system changes such as sensory deprivation, anxiety and depression.
11651 W. 64th Ave, Ste. A-5, Arvada, Colorado 80004-4321