Exercise is prescribed to assist healing from surgeries, injuries and chronic pain. At every stage, exercise activities aid in your recovery.
Here are some exercise benefits:
· Improve strength and restore range of motion.
· Stimulate soft tissue healing.
· Reduce inflammatory conditions.
· Improve body awareness.
· Reduce pain in joints because muscle balance improves the ability to move correctly. Reduce joint friction, stress and instability in dynamic activities.
· Stimulate bone strength in less active individuals.
· Bowel and bladder functions are enhanced by exercise.
· Improve circulation, reduce swelling in extremities.
· Prevent and reverse atrophy of the muscles.
· Decrease muscle spasms and back pain.
· Improve posture and associated soft tissue pain.
· Heal tendonitis and epicondylitis.
· Adapt support for longer, unloaded training.
· Aquatic exercise allows higher repetitions for accelerated return to athletics.
· Achieve wellness milestones with exercise.
Conditioning programs help physical therapists accomplish faster and more complete recovery with our clients. Evaluation and treatment by a licensed physical therapist can identify muscle imbalance and tightness that, with treatment can resolve problems and prevent a re-injury. A therapist will create a personalized treatment plan for the restoration of your active lifestyle.